Tuesday 28 January 2014

Exeat in Mahabaleshwar

Olaa! (:

It's tuesdaynight now, and yesterdayafternoon I came back from exeat. I went to Mahabaleshwar, a hillstation on a three hour drive from here. When the British were here, they needed a place to go on a holiday, where the weather is cooler, so they decided to make hillstations: little towns/villages on the top of a hill. I went to what is called the 'strawberry hillstation': it's full of strawberry farms, yay! :D I was planning to go with my friend Louise from Brasil, but at the very last moment Rashi, a secondyear from Delhi, joined us. The three of us left on friday and shared a hotelroom, and the six others came on saturday. The hotel we stayed in was really shady! I paid 8 euros for three nights!! But the shower didn't work, there was mull on the walls, our window looked out on another wall and the matress was like wood. But I liked it! (: I had lots of dosa (a really good Indian dish, I think the best way to describe it is as a sort of very thin and not sweet pancake with masala in it), tons of strawberries and an overload of fun! We hung out with the whole group, there were nine of us: we went to strawberry gardens, went to viewpoints to see the amazing view, took a lot of touritsty selfies,... At night, we gathered in the most fancy hotel and played games together. There was a nice market, without cars, so I shopped a little bit ;) Strawberries there are really cheap (less than 1 euro a kg), so I brought 4 kg to campus! :D Something specifically nice about this exeat was that it was such a random group, no one really knew each other, and after these few days, we got to know each others and got close to each other! Here are some photos.

To the random, diverse 2014 Mahabaleshwar Jan exeat group, thank you for an unforgettable exploration of Strawberry Paradise.
The whole group
Alvaro (Guatemala), Me
Louise (Brasil), Sonia (Poland), Daniel (Switzerland)
Rashi (India), Trisha (India), Ritika (India), Lan Anh (Vietnam)

The typical 'bar' in Mahabaleshwar
Rashi and me

Just another shop in India.. a slightly fancy one actually

Louisetothesecondpower

The view (on a viewpoint)

Strawberries everywhere!

From white to not so white

Sonia and the view

That will be enough photos (:

Except for this, nothing much is going on. It's still 30 degrees here (just to make everyone back home jealous). There was American Regional Evening last week, which was really cool, stuffed with latino-dances and more ;)

Here, an inspiring sentence to end with: 'I found myself alive in the palm of your hand.' THINK ABOUT THAT PEOPLE.

Yours sincerely,
Louise

PS: OMG I ATE A GRASSHOPPER!!!! I ATE A GRASSHOPPER GUYS I ATE A GRASSHOPPER. It was gross, but I did it! (: (: (:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou,

    You should try grasshopper with strawberry, lime and pepper!
    Really nice; my favourite.
    I'm glad you loved your exeat.
    LOYO (just invented: Louise, Once You're Old) ;-)
    den baba

    ReplyDelete