Wednesday 29 October 2014

Time To Breathe

The lights of Diwali have come and dissapeared, so have the TOK, philosophy IA and global politics IA deadline. As we are all trying to accept the predicted grades we got, which are going to define the rest of our academic carreer in a sense, I've heard the phrase 'Fuck the IB' more in the past two days than anytime before. It's funny to see how the cold, scarf-demanding weather in the morning makes some people so happy and others depressed with life. Sitting here on the library lawn, I can see the peak of two mountains somewhere far away and someone taking a nap in the shade of the art centre building. I hear one of my favorite teachers explaining things to first years which have now become so evident to me, and I remember how confused I used to be at this time of the year, last year. Sleeping together with friends has become the rule rather than the exception, so has it to skip meals in the caf and eat expensive cheese and cheap cookies instead. Some of the firstyears come talk to me because they have bad grades, and while giving them hugs and listening, all I really want to do is slap them in the face and shout that they should enjoy their firstyear as much as possible and not care about grades, because there will be enough time to cry over dissapointments. When I enter my courtyard and I freak out internally because that one annoying cat is napping there again, a smile appears on my face because, let's admit it, it is funny how my grandmom, my mom and me all have this crazy fear of cats (and all other animals, to be honest).

Life isn't all too bad, is it.

Mozarella, oil, pepper, salt, bread

Starbucks

Biodiversity Reserve at 5.45 PM

Home

Bombay Cab

Gateway of India

Mumbai Synagogue

Marine Drive, Mumbai


Ganesh

Room gatherings

Next week, we're leaving for projectweek so we will have finally have some time to breathe, which is nice. I'm excited to get to know firstyears beyond the level of 'hey how are you fine and you tired bye'. I will be in Pondicherry, which is a city and it used to be a French colony, so if I'm lucky I'll see and hear some French. If I'm extremely lucky, I'll have some French food. Imagine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Weird question but how do you apply? I tried looking for the online form nut couldn't find it on their site. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there :) You need to apply through your national committee. What country are you from? You can always go to uwc.org, the site of the whole UWC movement. You'll find some more information there. Good luck, and hurry up, deadlines are approaching!

    ReplyDelete