Monday 5 August 2013

two weeks to go - thoughts

August second
Back in Belgium since yesterday. Today is going to be the warmest day ever in our history! The fields and the little paths in the forest become so much more beautiful with a blue sky and the sun. Since everyone is somewhere else in the world, Tervuren and surroundings are an oasis of rest and peace.

Belgium at its best, the way I like it the most. In seventeen days, I'll have to say goodbye. Sadness, happiness and fear alternate.
I'm sad to leave my friends, my home, my family. Imagine you got a fruit cake for your birthday, with all the fruit you like on it, but also one kind of fruit you don't like. That doesn't mean you're not happy with the cake, it doesn't mean you're not going to eat the cake and if you eat the fruit now, it will be easier to eat it the next time too. In the end, there are much more advantages than disadvantages :)

August fourth
I'm happy that I got this opportunity. It's been three months that I know I'm leaving now, but I still find myself jumping up and down for joy, and I still can't believe I am actually going. I remember lying in my bed, desperately hoping that the selection committee would let me pass, reading blogs at midnight and almost crying because I really thought I wouldn't get in. I've never wanted something so badly, and I got it. So yes, I AM the luckiest girl! :)

I'm fearful for what's going to come. First of all, I'm scared  that I'm too dumb, too normal and too young. Being 15 years old, I'm one of the youngest MUWCI-students. Most of the others got one or two years extra school, extra knowledge, extra experience.
Talking to all these people, I feel like I'm so normal, so boring. Everyone writes poems, has a band, does volunteering,... and then there's just me. Everyone has an opinion about some subjects and I probably don't even know anything about the subject. Luckily, my secondyear told me that we all go through that phase and that I shouldn't be worrying. I'm glad we have our secondyears to talk to!



Talking to all my future co-years makes me so happy, so excited! They are all wonderful and interesting people and it feels like I know some of them for years yet.

I can't wait to go to MUWCI. Without realising, I've been waiting for this my whole life yet. I'm happy, I'm lucky, I'm excited. I love life!


3 comments:

  1. Really cannot wait to meet you, Louise! Your writing is so sincere,I love it. Don't underestimate your talents! :)
    Much love with anticipation,
    Thule

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dag Louise,
    De grote dag komt stilaan dichterbij... Ik zocht je even op om je veel succes te wensen. Ik ben er zeker van dat je ginds een fantastische tijd zal beleven.
    Voor de keren dat je de MUWCI-campus verlaat en de toerist uithangt, nog een tip van een vriendin die veel ervaring heeft met reizen in India: verf je haar zwart (foto graag!), zo val je VEEL minder op.
    Vele groeten,
    Jolijn Loeckx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mevrouw Loeckx!
    Inderdaad, het komt dichtbij: maandag vertrek ik! Ik heb er super veel zin in en het wordt een fantastische ervaring! Toch voelt het wat raar dat ik op 2 september niet op het HHC zal zijn... Tja, het kan niet allemaal alleen maar goed zijn he!
    Ik zal eens denken over het zwarte haar :) En in december kom ik zeker eens langs op school!
    Groetjes,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete