Monday 11 November 2013

Life in a postcard

Heyhey,

I had the most amazing exeat that I could imagine! Carole, Indi and I stayed with a family in Mumbai, that I knew via my aunt. It was really wonderful: we discovered some new and surprising sides of India, that we hadn't seen before. We had a lot of good food, went shopping, saw touristy-things and laughed a lot. It was so nice, I don't think that I will ever forget these 5 days.


Me, Indi (UK) and Carole (Luxemburg)


Furthermore, MUWCI life is just going on. Yesterday, I had a ''house-dinner'' for the first time! It's a concept here: the eight girls (or guys, when it's a guys house) who live in your house cook something and then you eat together in the courtyard. We had a Moroccan dish, real salad, sushi,...

Starting from me, clockwise: Me, Gauri (India), Jamie (the Netherlands), Indi (UK), So Hee (South-Korea), Ilayda (Turkey), Doha (Morroco) and Sonali (India)
 
 
 
Nothing really special has been happening (though you can actually never say that in MUWCI), but it's been a nice time. Two and a half months far, I got very close to some people but however, I'm still getting to know more people better, and honestly, I've never seen such a high concentration of amazing people in one place! I've been doing crazy things, like sleeping on the roof, or painting my hair orange with wall paint, or staying up until 6 am, just talking,...
Also, I'm getting closer to the teachers here, who are really nice! After writing this, I'll be visiting one of the teachers. We hug our teachers, sing karaoke with them, dance or play music with them,... The difference with what I used to know is huge, and I like it (: The only problem will be to adapt again, once this is over! I don't really know what to say, so I'll just put some photos of events in the past few months!
 
 
Buddyball
Aida (Morocco), Amulya (India), Rachel (Malaysia), me, Disket (India), Meghna (India), Louise (South-Africa)

INDIA

A drawing I made for my friend Rhiana's birthday!

The main gate

Enjoyinh the view with Tapiwa (Zimbabwe), Malaika (India) and Garima (India)

Ganesh

Life in a postcard!

Ganesh with Disha (Mauritius), Shruti (India), Shreya (India), Yarden (Israel), Numaya (Bangladesh) and Shabab (Bangladesh)

Fashion show
Dress-code: white!

Ganesh

Pune

Carole (Luxemburg) and me
 
 
 
In 27 days, I'll be home! I'm very happy to be going home soon, I miss everyone and everything so much! Looking forward to seeing my family again at Christmas, and hanging out with friends after their exams, and spending time with the newborn baby of a close friend,... It's going to be awesomeee!
 
On saturday, it was my birthday! It was really nice, some people made cake and I got to spend a lot of time with a few of my best friends and in the evening, I went to a restaurant in Paud with 11 friends which was also pretty cool (:. Though it was a really nice day, birthdays are one of these days that you really wish you were home, with your family and friends! But I had a lot of fun, so it's okay (:
 
Oh, also, two days ago, the second of the two infodays  of UWC Belgium took place. If you did go, CONGRATS, I hope they were able to convince you to apply! If not, contact me via mail or facebook or just comment here, I would love to help you out if you have any questions!
 
Love
Louise

 

No comments:

Post a Comment