Thursday 3 October 2013

Another day (:


Ocotber 2, the start of a new month in MUWCI, my third one now! Still very happy here (:

I don't really know what to say, so I'll describe my day, because many people asked me what a day here  is like.

We have classes from 7.30 am til 2.10 pm and after that, there's lunch. At 2.45, I have a triveni 'breathing yoga' with a teacher who comes from off-campus. It takes one hour and then I leave for my community engagement. We're going to a nearby village, Khubavali, to play with the children and teach them. Today, we sang some songs about fruit and learned them the macarena and waka waka. It was really cool because they're always so active and enthusiastic. Before I go, I'm mostly not that active because I just had yoga, but these kids make me so happy and energetic!
When I came back at five, I heard someone playing the piano very good, so I decided to go in space (space is the name of the building where all the instruments are and there's also theatre and dance classes there) and listen. I talked to the girl who was playing and there was someone else too and we were all talking about the piano and about how nice it was, and I met some new people, yay!
Now I'm in my room and I should do homework, but here in MUWCI, that's mostly the last thing to do. After writing this blogpost, I'm going to someone from Luxemburg. We want to perform, together with the other Belgian and the other Luxemburger, for the European regional evening. It's this weekend, a night to represent our European culture to the rest of the world in MUWCI (:. We had the one of 'rest of Asia' (every country in Asia except for India) two weeks ago and it was really good, so ours has to be good too! We have no idea what to do and it's in three days, but hey, it's MUWCI!
After that, there's dinner, then hopefully some time to study because after check-in (every evening we have to check in, they want to make sure we're safely on campus) there's a rehearsel for the European Regional Evening! Then, I'll probably see some friends, luckily I have first and second block free tomorrow, so I can sleep til 9.15!

That's a kind of average day here I think, now you have an idea.
Also, this week is 'appreciation and awareness week', which means that they want to make us appreciate what we have here and how lucky we are! To make sure we do appreciate it, they made it a nice week: on tuesday no lights, on wednesday no internet, on thursday limited water and on friday no staff! It's been... interesting, let's say that ;)

In two weeks and a bit, there's project week. I'll be going to the east of India, to stay there in a village and learn about tribal people. We'll be helping a local NGO and we'll visit many tribes. It will be 'back to the past': no lights, no electricity, no hot water,... I'm so excited, there's some really great people in my group, it's going to be awesome!

After that, from one to five november, there's diwali break. It's a big festival in India that's celebrated everywhere. The faculty adviced us to leave campus and go experience a real diwali, and that's what I'm doing, I'm going to Mumbai with my roommate Indi and we'll stay there with a family that I know via my aunt in Belgium! It's going to be loads of fun, can't wait!!

Well, that's it for now  think, again, if you have any reactions, questions,... don't be scared to ask me (:

Love
Louise



 

No comments:

Post a Comment