Thursday 17 October 2013

Whieeee

Tomorrow I'm leaving for project week! I'm going to Andra Pradesh, a state in the east of India, and there we'll be working together with an NGO that works with tribal people. We're going to stay in a village and our days will be full: getting up at 5 am and probably be back around dinner time! I'm so excited to discover a bit of the 'real' India, because so far, the only places in India where I've been are the city Pune and in the villages surrounding us. For a while, it was uncertain if we could go because of the cyclone in Andra Pradesh, but our coordinators checked and we are safe (:

I'll come back next saturday, then one week school and then there is exeat. For Diwali, an Indian festival, we can leave the school for five days to go somewhere and experience the real Diwali. I'll be going to Mumbai with my roommate Indi and another friend Carole, and I'm so excited! (:

When we come back from exeat, there's only one month left till winter break! I am very happy to be going home. I started misssing home recently, just the normal things: having lazy sundays, going to the supermarket, hanging out with friends in my town, going where you want whenever you want, the constant presence of food at home,... I'm also just very happy because it's almost Christmas, and there will be snow and coldness and cosyness with lights everywhere, whieeee (:

Other things that happened recently:
- European regional evening: we performed the European anthem and there were lots of dances, singing performances, sketches,...
- UWCCI: every year, MUWCI organises its very own MUN. MUN stands for model united nations, where students come together and act like the UN: everyone represents a state and then you discuss about worldissues. We had some people from other schools in India coming over, it was nice to meet new people.
- I got my first letters from home! I was SO happy when I found them, I think it's really cool to be a little old-fashioned and send letters instead of mails etc. Anyway, some other letters got lost between India and Belgium I think, since they have been sent six weeks ago and I still didn't receive them :(
- Today there was fish in the cafetaria. I love my life.

That's it for now, I'll update again after Diwali!
Love
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment